We use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. - These cookies collect and analyse information such as new visitor numbers, where the visitor originates from, the pages they have visited and time spent making a purchase. We use this information to compile reports and to help make improvements to russellandbromley.co.uk. These cookies include those served by Google Analytics. For further details on how Google uses and protects information collected for its Google Analytics service, please visit www.google.com/intl/None/policies/privacy/.
- Functional cookies. - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and advertising more relevant to you and your lookalike's interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Name||Type||Originating Page||First or Third Party||Purpose||Expiry|
|Locn||Functionality||All||First||Collecting region code and setting user region||Never|
|Lang||Functionality||All||First||Collecting language code and setting display language||Never|
|RFID||Necessary||Add to basket/log in||First||User reference ID and verification hash collected, for the purposes of session control||Never|
|SID||Necessary||First page visited||First||Collects session ID for the purposes of control||Never|
|RVI||Necessary||Viewing items||First||Collects list of recently viewed items for the purposes of displaying 'recently viewed' items panel||One week|
|Vbmprods||Targeting||Viewing items||First||Collects list of recently viewed items for the purposes of displaying recommended items panel||One week|
|Vbmtracker||Targeting||Viewing items||First||Collects recommended items tracking code for the purposes of building recommended items data||One week|
|newCurr||Necessary||Viewing currency exchange rates||First||Collects data on currency to rate against in order to provide an exchange rate||One week|
|Referid||Analytical||First page visited||First||Referral data to track sites that link to russellandbromley.co.uk||Two days|
|Httprefer||Analytical||First page visited||First||Referral data to track sites that link to russellandbromley.co.uk||Two days|
|Setview||Necessary||Product list/search list page||First||Keeps users preference for the product information display page||1 Week|
|ViewPerPage||Necessary||Product list/search list page||First||Keeps users preference for the number of products to view per page||1 Week|
|RSI||Functionality||Search||First||keeps last 3 key word searches for the purpose of displaying the last 3 key words so users can quickly go back on them||1 Day|
|Tracking tags||Analytical||Various||First and Third||Analytical services||Not disclosed|
|Quench||Performance||All||First||Managing performance on the russellandbromley.co.uk platform||At end of browser session|
|_utma||Analytical||First page visited||Third||Used to determine unique visitors to russellandbromley.co.uk and it is updated with each page view||2 years from set/update|
|_utmb||Analytical||First page visited||Third||Used to establish and continue your user session with russellandbromley.co.uk each time you visit a different page on russellandbromley.co.uk, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes thus continuing a single session for as long as your activity continues on the website||30 minutes from set/update|
|_utmz||Analytical||First page visited||Third||Stores the type of referral used to reach russellandbromley.co.uk whether by a direct method, a referring link, a website search or a campaign such as an ad or email link. Used to calculated search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within russellandbromley.co.uk||6 months from set/update|
|_utmv||Analytical||All||Third||This cookie is not normally present in a default configuration of the tracking code. The utmv cookie passes the information provided via the setVar() method, which you use to create a custom user segment. This string is then passed to the Analytics servers in the GIF request URL via the utmcc parameter.||2 years from set/update|
|_cs_id||Analytical||First page visited||Third||This cookie contains ContentSquare’s user identifier||13 months|
|_cs_s||Analytical||All||Third||This cookie contains the number of pageviews within the running session for ContentSquare Solution||30 minutes|
|_cs_vars||Analytical||All||Third||This cookie is used by ContentSquare to record custom variables||Session|
|_cs_ex||Analytical||First page visited||Third||This cookies is used by ContentSquare to exclude some visitors from the collection||30 days|
|_cs_c||Analytical||First page visited||Third||This cookie is used by ContentSquare to save the user consent to be tracked||13 months|
|_cs_output||Analytical||First page visited||Third||This cookie is used by ContentSquare to exclude some visitors from the collection||13 months|
|_cs_mk||Analytical||All||Third||Random number_timestamp in milliseconds||30 minutes|
How to disable cookies using web browser
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by amending or setting the controls on your browser. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to change your cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, if you choose not to accept cookies some of the essential features of russellandbromley.co.uk will not work, including adding items to your Shopping Basket and 'Your Account' areas of the website.
Instructions for disabling cookies in the most popular browsers can be found below. To find more information on cookies, please use your preferred search engine to provide you with the information you need
|Safari 6.1.6+||1. Go to Safari menu.
2. On the top left corner, click Safari, and choose Preference.
3. A window will pop up, and click Privacy.
4. Next to Cookies and website data, choose "Always allow" to enable cookies in Safari, and click "Always block" to disable cookies
|Edge 40.15063+||1. Click the menu button in the top right of your browser.
2. Click 'Advanced Settings'.
3. Choose options from the drop down under the 'Cookies' heading.
|Firefox 68.0.1+||1. Click the burger menu button in the top right of your browser
2. Navigate to 'Content Blocking' and select 'Custom'
3. Check or uncheck cookies.
4. Click 'Reload All Tabs'
|Internet Explorer 11.0+||1. Click on 'Tools' in the menu bar.
2. Click on 'Internet Options'.
3. Click on 'Privacy' tab on top section.
4. Click on the 'Advanced' button.
5. Select 'Prompt' for both 'First party cookies' and 'Third Party Cookies'.
6. Click OK and Close the screen.
|Chrome 76.0.3809+||1. Click menu button in top right.
2. Click 'Settings'.
3. Click 'Advanced' drop down menu on the left hand side of your window.
4. Click Privacy and Security from the available options.
5. Click 'Site settings'.
6. Check or uncheck "Allow sites to save and read cookie data(recommended)" option